Monday, September 24, 2012

Walker and the Puppy

This is a little love story about Walker and a little puppy. I unexpectedly ended up with a short term foster. She's a little 10 week old pit bull puppy, Penny, who was slated to be euthanized at a high kill shelter that does not adopt out pit bulls--regardless of age.

Penny is cute, smart, bold, sassy and confident. She is not fazed in the slightest by big dogs. She met my dogs and Walker with her tail straight up.

Walker is enthralled with her. He really likes her. As soon as I have her out, he runs over to greet her. When we are outside he runs over to see her. He'll nose her and sometimes give her a little kiss.

 
It's so funny to see the 2 of them together. I haven't gotten any good video of Walker trying to get Penny to chase him. But he clearly enjoys Penny's company.

Walker is a sweet and gentle soul. He enjoys the company of other dogs. And with Penny around, Walker will actually approach me more when I have Penny's leash. He's walk up behind me and sniff me or even nose my hand a little.
 
It's so sweet to see the friendship that has developed between Walker & Penny.
 
The other day, Walker was running circles around me and Penny showing us how fast he could run. He would stop and wag and then take off again. I didn't have the camera with me then though. 
 
It's just very cute to see how much Walker likes Penny.

0 comments: